Friday, April 4, 2014

Every cloud has a silver lining

It's been a good few years since my last post. But I am picking up where I left off.

I stopped blogging because life got in the way. Actually, that's not true. I stopped because I thought no-one gave a rat's arse about what I had to say. To a large degree, I still think that's the case.

But, rather than worry about who is or who is not going to read my posts, I thought I'd just get on with writing one.

A fair bit has changed since my last post.

I am getting married in two weeks. And we have a four-month-old baby girl.

Marley, our little bundle of joy, is actually the reason I am resurrecting this blog. She is a very 'windy' baby, and there are days when I just cannot put her down. She wants to be up over my shoulder, or sitting in the baby bjorn sling. I guess the upright position aides digestion.

It used to frustrate me that I couldn't lie her down during the day, because it would be virtually impossible to get through my to-do list.

But thankfully I was able to turn a seemingly negative situation into a positive. Because while there's lots of things I can't do with a baby constantly strapped to me, there are a few things I can do, such as, (a) admire, bond with, and comfort my baby (b) write this blog, and, (c) go for long walks, with a 7kg baby strapped to me to add resistance.

Take home message: every cloud has a silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment