Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stepping ON and OFF bandwagons

It's time to step back on the bandwagon.

It would be easy to say I fell off. But, I did have a choice. And I chose to step off for a few months.

I was pretty strict and disciplined with my diet & exercise routine throughout my pregnancy. But the demands of caring for a new bub, the wedding celebration of a lifetime and a constant stream of visitors, has seen the discipline go out the door.

But...who cares? Not me! I stepped off & now I'm gonna step right back on. It's my choice!

Amber's top tips for returning to the bandwagon:

1) have healthy food at your fingertips. I like to cook & freeze meals ahead of time (soups, mince dishes and curries all freeze well). And prepare healthy salads for lunch the night before. So, when hunger strikes, you can reach straight for the good stuff!

2) start with an exercise routine which is easy to achieve. I'm recommencing mine with just 10 minutes a day. Even just that tiny amount is enough to give me a healthy dose of confidence & a boost of energy. Of course, you don't have to stop at 10 minutes, but at least you have a starting point. And...you'd be surprised at just how effective a short workout can be! If you need inspiration, let me know!

3) be consistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment